Wednesday 26 September 2012

Super Protein Parfait

Alright, I'll admit it, this post is not a Pinterest copy.  This is a delicious meal that I decided to make one day as I wanted some protein after going to the gym.  What I really wanted was some of Blogilate's Banana Pancakes, but, after I chopped up the banana I realized I didn't have eggs.  So this left me with chopped up bananas and a grumbling tummy.  I thought I could make a parfait, with the greek yogurt, but I've got to be honest here.  I don't really like greek yogurt that much!  It's just so bitter!  I ussually put some stevia in it to make it a little tastier.  Then I was thinking that I wished Nutella was healthy and that I could put that on my bananas.  THEN IT HIT ME.  Chocolate protein powder... in my greek yogurt?!  So I did it.


Alright, so it doesn't look terribly appetizing, but I swear it was!  A quick and easy snack/meal with a whopping 39 g of protein.  That's 86% of my protein intake for the day (If not exercising my protein is 45g a day.  I use MyFitnessPal to figure out the changes when I do exercise - Add me! )  

But then the next day (Tuesday)  I had to do something even fancier.  I had to go to the next step.




Now that looks tasty!  Same thing, I put 1 scoop of chocolate flavoured protein powder in with 3/4 cup of greek yogurt.  Only this time I added a strawberry layer, a banana layer, and raspberry topping.  Yum!  

You don't have to do just chocolate either!  Today I switched it up and did raspberry protein powder, and put it in a mason jar to bring to school with me.  This may be a new staple in my diet!


No comments:

Post a Comment