Wednesday 22 August 2012

Parmesan Baked Egg


Sounds like a delicious, wholesome breakfast, doesn’t it?  I love parmesan, (and any cheese, for that matter!) and what better way is there begin my day off than with a breakfast with a little flavour?  Most mornings I have a bagel with a melted slice of cheese, or some overnight oatmeal.  Both are tasty, but don’t require much effort and lack some flavour!  So I took my grumbling belly to Pinterest and found this delectable looking dish curtesy of Pinch of Yum. 
Well, unfortunately I’m not much of a cook.  I can make noodles, but that’s about it.  Regardless, I decided to give this one a whirl.  Problems started early, first I broke one of the yolks, then I cooked my green onion for too long.  Then I cooked the whole thing too long!  She even warns of the timing, but despite her better judgement, I let the eggs cook longer since they looked too runny for me.

If you like yolk, leaving them in a couple minutes longer won’t harm you.  That second dish there was for my mom, and she wasn’t complaining.  I, however, am not a big fan of the yellow stuff.  I confess that I only like to dip my toast into it, which I couldn’t do with this dish.  You’ll also notice the burnt green onion and spice mixtures on the top – again, I’m no chef!
All in all, I’d say this is a good pin for anyone who can do some basic cooking!  For myself, I might want to stick to oatmeal and bagels.
In other news I have a whole bunch of baking I plan on doing during my day off tomorrow.  Went and bought all the ingredients this evening, so expect some cookie posts soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment